Green Bedford College - Home
A key objective for Bedford College is to
substantially reduce its carbon emissions and to be
one of the greenest colleges in the country.
There are many reasons for reducing the amount
of energy that we use. These include the need to:
- Reduce the amount of carbon that is released into the
atmosphere, which is ultimately linked to climate change and global warming.
- Reduce our reliance on resources such as oil, coal and
- Prevent wastage of energy and resources.
- Encourage a “greener society”.
policy has been developed which sets out the College's aims for
development. The College is committed to implementing actions
to deliver the policy's aims.
The College's aims are to:
- Incorporate Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) into
all training programmes across the college.
- Further strengthen partnerships with industry and
- Increase environmental awareness of all staff and
- Apply energy and resource efficiency measures to the management
of all college estate, buildings and operations.
- Play a leading role in building the Further Education sector’s
capacity to contribute to low carbon economic developments.
There are many ways that you can reduce your
carbon footprint, not just at College but also at home.